One of the most recognized lens in the world, the Volk 20D is the lens that started the legacy of double aspheric lens design for BIO and is considered the standard. The balance of field of view and magnification of the 20D is unmatched. The working distance of 50 mm makes lens movement an easy experience for the doctor. These lenses are perfect for the diagnosis of patients. It holds a 3x magnification and field of view that allows visualization up to the mid peripheral region. The lens allows viewing of the peripheral retina as well as detailed examination by BIO. When in the primary position, it provides a comprehensive estimate of retinal health. This lens is the choice both as a first line of diagnosis as well as a high level central retinal examination.
- Patented double aspheric glass optics provide enhanced imaging
- Made in the USA
- 1 x 1 x 1 in
- 3.13x Image Magnification
- 0.32x Laser Spot Magnification
- 50mm Working Distance
- High magnification provides excellent views of the optic disc and macula
- Perfectly corrected for field curvature, astigmatism, aberrations, and coma
- Perfect balance of magnification and field of view makes this lens well suited for general diagnostic exams
Does the Volk 20D lens come with a case?A:
Yes, this lens comes in a clamshell caseCleaning & Care
- Cleaning should be performed regularly to remove bodily fluids, dust, and soils from the surface of the product.
- Select the appropriate method of cleaning from the CLEANING METHODS Options listed below.
- If a product is to be sterilized prior to its re-use, Volk recommends that it first be cleaned using method C below.
Clean with a mild, pH neutral detergent and a clean soft cotton cloth or swab. Do not use detergent with any type of Emollients.Method B:
Clean the glass element with Volk Precision Optical Lens Cleaner (POLC) or a Volk LensPen®Method C:
Cleaning and Care Precautions:
- Prepare fresh enzymatic cleaner (e.g. Enzol) solution – 2 ounces per gallon using warm (~30-43°C) tap water.
- Soak each device in solution for 20 minutes.
- After soaking, brush knurled surface of housing with a soft-bristle brush and wipe lens portion with a soft cloth until all traces of cleaner and soil are removed. Pay special attention to all crevices and other hard-to-reach areas. Note: Do not brush lens portion to avoid scratching; use soft cloth.
- Thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Transfer the devices to a freshly prepared enzymatic solution (per step 1 above) and sonicate for 20 minutes.
- After sonication, thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Inspect each device for remaining debris. If any is observed, repeat the cleaning procedure with freshly prepared cleaning solutions.
- Whenever possible dry Volk lenses with an ultra-soft, low-lint, cotton cloth.
- Cleaning Method C is the preferred method for cleaning Volk’s 2-piece autoclavable (ACS) vitrectomy lenses (e.g. Mini Quad ACS, Central Retinal ACS, etc.). However, the sonication step of Cleaning Method C may cause lens damage, which limits the useful life of these lenses. Use of an alternate validated cleaning method that does not include automated sonication is highly recommended by Volk Optical whenever practicable for these lenses.
This item may be returned as per our normal return policy. Don’t forget! You need to contact us for a return authorization number (RMA). About Volk
Volk Optical is the leading brand manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, diagnostic imaging, and surgical products for the ophthalmic industry. They are steadfastly dedicated to eradicating preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. Volk is part of the global health and safety sensor technology group, Halma PLC.