Volk’s range of iridotomy lenses provide high-detail views of the iris to recognize the best location for treatment such as iris crypts while the optics ensure that laser energy is efficiently transferred for effective treatment of closed angle glaucoma. The lens button within this lens allows access to the farthest peripheral iris for laser placement. The specially designed, smaller contact element allows corneal indentation in order to open the angle to examine the level of closure and adhesion if any. Housed in a taller lens body, this lens is perfect for treating patients with deep set eyes.
Cleaning & Care
- Unique contact element allows indentation to open closed angles
- Tall lens body facilitates treatment of patients with deep set eyes/prominent supraorbital ranges
- Ensures precise placement of the laser beam
- Laser window barrier protects internal optical components
- Image magnification of 1.54x
- Laser spot magnification of 0.65x
- Cleaning should be performed regularly to remove bodily fluids, dust, and soils from the surface of the product.
- Select the appropriate method of cleaning from the CLEANING METHODS Options listed below.
- If a product is to be sterilized prior to its re-use, Volk recommends that it first be cleaned using method C below.
Clean with a mild, pH neutral detergent and a clean soft cotton cloth or swab. Do not use detergent with any type of Emollients.Method B:
Clean the glass element with Volk Precision Optical Lens Cleaner (POLC) or a Volk LensPen®Method C:
Cleaning and Care Precautions:
- Prepare fresh enzymatic cleaner (e.g. Enzol) solution – 2 ounces per gallon using warm (~30-43°C) tap water.
- Soak each device in solution for 20 minutes.
- After soaking, brush knurled surface of housing with a soft-bristle brush and wipe lens portion with a soft cloth until all traces of cleaner and soil are removed. Pay special attention to all crevices and other hard-to-reach areas. Note: Do not brush lens portion to avoid scratching; use soft cloth.
- Thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Transfer the devices to a freshly prepared enzymatic solution (per step 1 above) and sonicate for 20 minutes.
- After sonication, thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Inspect each device for remaining debris. If any is observed, repeat the cleaning procedure with freshly prepared cleaning solutions.
- Whenever possible dry Volk lenses with an ultra-soft, low-lint, cotton cloth.
- Cleaning Method C is the preferred method for cleaning Volk’s 2-piece autoclavable (ACS) vitrectomy lenses (e.g. Mini Quad ACS, Central Retinal ACS, etc.). However, the sonication step of Cleaning Method C may cause lens damage, which limits the useful life of these lenses. Use of an alternate validated cleaning method that does not include automated sonication is highly recommended by Volk Optical whenever practicable for these lenses.
This item may be returned as per our normal return policy. Don’t forget! You need to contact us for a return authorization number (RMA). About Volk
Volk Optical is the leading brand manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, diagnostic imaging, and surgical products for the ophthalmic industry. They are steadfastly dedicated to eradicating preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. Volk is part of the global health and safety sensor technology group, Halma PLC.