This digital clear mag by Volk is designed specifically for high magnification and detailed examination of the macula and optic disc with a 3.89x magnification. This lens is an easy transition for those who are used to handling a 20D lens with a similar lens ring size and working distance but with an added advantage of high magnification. This lens is a great choice for detecting and monitoring the subtle changes in the optic disc morphology in patients with diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and age related macular degeneration.
Cleaning & Care
- Field of view 38° / 49°
- Magnification 3.89x
- Laser Spot Magnification 0.26x
- Working distance 60mm
- Cleaning should be performed regularly to remove bodily fluids, dust, and soils from the surface of the product.
- Select the appropriate method of cleaning from the CLEANING METHODS Options listed below.
- If a product is to be sterilized prior to its re-use, Volk recommends that it first be cleaned using method C below.
Clean with a mild, pH neutral detergent and a clean soft cotton cloth or swab. Do not use detergent with any type of Emollients.Method B:
Clean the glass element with Volk Precision Optical Lens Cleaner (POLC) or a Volk LensPen®Method C:
Cleaning and Care Precautions:
- Prepare fresh enzymatic cleaner (e.g. Enzol) solution – 2 ounces per gallon using warm (~30-43°C) tap water.
- Soak each device in solution for 20 minutes.
- After soaking, brush knurled surface of housing with a soft-bristle brush and wipe lens portion with a soft cloth until all traces of cleaner and soil are removed. Pay special attention to all crevices and other hard-to-reach areas. Note: Do not brush lens portion to avoid scratching; use soft cloth.
- Thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Transfer the devices to a freshly prepared enzymatic solution (per step 1 above) and sonicate for 20 minutes.
- After sonication, thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Inspect each device for remaining debris. If any is observed, repeat the cleaning procedure with freshly prepared cleaning solutions.
- Whenever possible dry Volk lenses with an ultra-soft, low-lint, cotton cloth.
- Cleaning Method C is the preferred method for cleaning Volk’s 2-piece autoclavable (ACS) vitrectomy lenses (e.g. Mini Quad ACS, Central Retinal ACS, etc.). However, the sonication step of Cleaning Method C may cause lens damage, which limits the useful life of these lenses. Use of an alternate validated cleaning method that does not include automated sonication is highly recommended by Volk Optical whenever practicable for these lenses.
This item may be returned as per our normal return policy. Don’t forget! You need to contact us for a return authorization number (RMA). About Volk
Volk Optical is the leading brand manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, diagnostic imaging, and surgical products for the ophthalmic industry. They are steadfastly dedicated to eradicating preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. Volk is part of the global health and safety sensor technology group, Halma PLC.