This lens is also referred to as the 3rd generation 78D, the digital high mag provides the highest magnification in the slit lamp lens range. The magnified view offered by this lens is perfect for high detail examination of the posterior pole. Obtain sharp, high resolution imaging of the macula and the optic disk with enhanced stereo view. This lens is a perfect choice for those who wish to examine optic nerve head (ONH) parameters and macula health.
- Made in the USA
- 1.30x Image Magnification
- 0.77x Laser Spot Magnification
- 13mm Working Distance
- 57° / 70° Field of View
- With a similar field of view, upgrading to the Digital Clear Mag is an easy transition from the classic 14D or 15D
- High resolution view from the central to the mid-peripheral retina
Does the Volk 20D lens come with a case?A:
Yes, this lens comes in a clamshell caseCleaning & Care
- Cleaning should be performed regularly to remove bodily fluids, dust, and soils from the surface of the product.
- Select the appropriate method of cleaning from the CLEANING METHODS Options listed below.
- If a product is to be sterilized prior to its re-use, Volk recommends that it first be cleaned using method C below.
Clean with a mild, pH neutral detergent and a clean soft cotton cloth or swab. Do not use detergent with any type of Emollients.Method B:
Clean the glass element with Volk Precision Optical Lens Cleaner (POLC) or a Volk LensPen®Method C:
Cleaning and Care Precautions:
- Prepare fresh enzymatic cleaner (e.g. Enzol) solution – 2 ounces per gallon using warm (~30-43°C) tap water.
- Soak each device in solution for 20 minutes.
- After soaking, brush knurled surface of housing with a soft-bristle brush and wipe lens portion with a soft cloth until all traces of cleaner and soil are removed. Pay special attention to all crevices and other hard-to-reach areas. Note: Do not brush lens portion to avoid scratching; use soft cloth.
- Thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Transfer the devices to a freshly prepared enzymatic solution (per step 1 above) and sonicate for 20 minutes.
- After sonication, thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Inspect each device for remaining debris. If any is observed, repeat the cleaning procedure with freshly prepared cleaning solutions.
- Whenever possible dry Volk lenses with an ultra-soft, low-lint, cotton cloth.
- Cleaning Method C is the preferred method for cleaning Volk’s 2-piece autoclavable (ACS) vitrectomy lenses (e.g. Mini Quad ACS, Central Retinal ACS, etc.). However, the sonication step of Cleaning Method C may cause lens damage, which limits the useful life of these lenses. Use of an alternate validated cleaning method that does not include automated sonication is highly recommended by Volk Optical whenever practicable for these lenses.
This item may be returned as per our normal return policy. Don’t forget! You need to contact us for a return authorization number (RMA). About Volk
Volk Optical is the leading brand manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, diagnostic imaging, and surgical products for the ophthalmic industry. They are steadfastly dedicated to eradicating preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. Volk is part of the global health and safety sensor technology group, Halma PLC.