Welch Allyn FlexiPort® Reusable blood pressure cuff REUSE-12L is affordable and easy to use. This blood pressure cuff offers a simplified connectivity in a dependable, durable design, sized specifically for the use on larger adults that may require a longer blood pressure cuff. The cuffs are non-invasive and are intended for use in conjunction with non-automated and automated sphygmomanometers to determine blood pressure in adult patients.
Cleaning & Care
- Adult Long Size: ranges from 32-43 cm
- Cuff only, no tubes or connectors
- Nylon material
- Rotatable port to improve patient comfort & cuff durability
- Click on specifications tab for more
WARNING Cleaning and disinfection procedures must be conducted by persons trained in medical device cleaning and disinfection.
WARNING Consult the cleaning and germicidal cleaner agents’ manufacturer’s instructions for their proper use and germicidal efficacy.
CAUTION FlexiPort® Cap must be installed into cuff tubing prior to cleaning or damage to cuff bladder may occur. Do not allow liquid to ingress into bladder tubing.
CAUTION Use only the cleaning or germicidal cleaner agent types listed or damage to cuff may occur.
CAUTION Repeated reprocessing may cause degradation of device; follow inspection procedures to assure integrity of device.
CAUTION Do not aggressively scrub cuff as damage to cuff markings and/or cuff closure integrity may occur.Materials NeededCleaning (FlexiPort® reusable cuffs, tubing, and port fittings)
The user must inspect after cleaning to verify that removal of soil and contaminants is complete.
Cleaning and low-level disinfection for one-piece blood pressure cuffsPreparation for cleaning
- Use one or more of the following methods and allow to air dry:
- Wipe with enzymatic cleaner per manufacturer’s instructions. Rinse with damp cloth.
- Wipe with 0.5% bleach and water solution. Rinse with damp cloth.
- Wipe with 70% isopropyl alcohol. Rinse with damp cloth.
Install FlexiPort® Cap onto cuff port. Do not allow liquid to ingress into bladder tubing. See below for appropriate cap per cuff.
Cleaning only (cuffs and connector accessories)
- FlexiPort® Cap REF: 5082-159 for FlexiPort Style Reusable, Soft, and Vinyl disposable blood pressure cuffs
1. Prepare neutral pH enzymatic cleaning detergent solution per manufacturer instructions.
2. Immerse or soak cuff and accessories in solution. Do not allow liquid to ingress into bladder tubing.
3. Soft brush all surfaces of the cuff and accessories to remove visible soil. Repeat as necessary.Clean and disinfect (cuffs)
1. Clean: Thoroughly saturate (spray or immerse) all surfaces of the cuff and accessories with germicidal cleaner. Do not allow liquid to ingress into bladder tubing.
- Soft brush to remove visible soil.
- Water rinse.
- Damp dry and inspect.
2. Disinfect: Thoroughly re-saturate (spray or immerse) all surfaces of the cuff and accessories with germicidal cleaner.
3. Soft brush all surfaces. Allow a 5 minute wet contact time or longer, if directed by the germicidal cleaner manufacturer. Do not exceed 10 minutes of wet contact time.After cleaning or cleaning and disinfection
1. Thoroughly water rinse. Do not allow liquid to ingress into bladder tubing.
2. Damp dry with a clean cloth.
3. Remove FlexiPort® Cap (if applicable) and allow to air dry.
4. Inspect cuff for deterioration, adequate closure integrity, and inflate to assess for leaks. Do not use if any abnormalities are found. Do not allow liquid to ingress into bladder tubing.Warranty
Your Welch Allyn® product, when new, is warranted to be free from original defects in material and workmanship and to perform in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications under normal use and service. The warranty period begins from the date of purchase from Welch Allyn or its authorized distributors. Welch Allyn’s obligation is limited to the repair or replacement of components determined by Welch Allyn to be defective within the warranty period. These warranties extend to the original purchaser and cannot be assigned or transferred to any third party. This warranty shall not apply to any damage or product failure determined by Welch Allyn to have been caused by misuse, accident (including shipping damage), neglect, improper maintenance, modification, or repair by someone other than Welch Allyn or one of its authorized service representatives.FlexiPort® Blood Pressure Cuff Warranty
: Three-year warranty This express warranty is in lieu of any and all other warranties, express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and no other person has been authorized to assume for Welch Allyn any other liability in connection with the sale of the FlexiPort® Blood Pressure Cuff. Welch Allyn shall not be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct, incidental, or consequential, resulting from the breach of any express warranty, except as set forth herein.About manufacturer
Chicago-based Hillrom purchased Welch Allyn, Inc. in 2015. Welch Allyn is a name that has been well known and respected in the medical industry since its founding in 1905 by Dr. Francis Welch and inventor William Noah Allyn. Hillrom plans to keep the Welch Allyn branding alongside the Hillrom name on products.