Purell® hand sanitizer by Gojo Industries is the industry leader for hand sanitizers by hospitals and healthcare workers. Purell® formulations kill 99.99% of germs that may cause illness while minimizing irritation to the skin.
Directions for Use
- Gojo Industries Purell® Emergency SKU 9684-04
- Kills 99.99% of most common germs
- Clinically-proven to maintain skin health
- Active ingredient: Ethyl alcohol 70% v/v
- Pump included for standalone use or to refill other bottles
Hand sanitizer is intended to be used if soap and water are not readily available. If your hands are visibly dirty or greasy, wash your hands with soap and water.
- Place enough hand sanitizer in your palm to thoroughly cover your hands
- Rub hands together briskly until dry. (Approximately 15 seconds)
- Make sure to get between fingers and the back of your hands
- Do not wipe or rinse off the hand sanitizer before it is dry
For more information about the how to safely use hand sanitizer, visit the FDA webpage on the subject: FDA.gov: Safely Using Hand Sanitizer
This hand sanitizer is an alcohol-based product and there are certain safety elements to be aware of:
Common questions & answersQ
- Keep hand sanitizers out of your eyes to prevent burning and potential damage to your eyes. If you get hand sanitizer in your eyes, rinse eye through with water as soon as possible and call a health care provider or poison control.
- Do not drink or ingest hand sanitizer. Carefully supervise children and call poison control if you believe someone has ingested the product. (There is no need to be concerned with children that lick or eat with their hands after using hand sanitizer.)
- Hand sanitizer is flammable. Keep this product away from heat and open flames.
- Do not make your own hand sanitizer. It is difficult to recreate and effective germ-killing product at home and there is a risk of skin burns from unregulated products.
- There have been reports of counterfeit and even toxic hand sanitizers that have been quickly created due to the COVID-19 pandemic. All hand sanitizers represented and sold by Lite Source Inc. are genuine and we purchase these direct from the manufacturers’ warehouses.
- If you are concerned about hand sanitizer around your home, check out the FDA’s Do-Not-Use List: www.fda.gov/handsanitizerlist
: These bottles don’t look like what I’ve seen in the store - how do I know if this is really genuine Purell® hand sanitizer?A
: Gojo Industries (makers of Purell®) created temporary skus to get product out quickly to the public during the COVID-19 pandemic. Because of this rush to get product out, they had to use different packaging. Gojo Industries created a helpful page to help you feel comfortable about the authenticity of products you purchase from Lite Source Inc.: Gojo Industries Statement on Authenticity. Q
: My bottle doesn’t feel completely full – is it defective?A
: No - the jug of hand sanitizer is filled with 64 fluid ounces of gel hand sanitizer. In order to provide space for safe shipping, the jugs will not be filled completely to the top.Q
: How should Purell® hand sanitizer be stored?A
: Purell products should be stored at temperatures from 0°-43° C (32°-109.4° F). The Lite Source warehouse in Louisville, KY meets these requirements.Q
: Where do I find the expiration date?A
: The expiration date can be found imprinted on the back of the container. The expiration date indicates the end of the shelf-life of the product and is based on the date of manufacture. The safety and efficacy can be guaranteed up to the expiration date.
Based on stability data Gojo Industries provides to the FDA, the FDA is alerting health care professionals and patients of updated dates through which some products, including Purell® hand sanitizer, may be used beyond their labeled expiration date during this time of shortage. The FDA notes, to help ensure safety, these products should have been - and should continue to be - stored as labeled. Visit the FDA website for more extended use date information.Q
: Where is Purell® hand sanitizer manufactured?A
: Gojo Industries manufactures the majority of Purell® hand sanitizer in Wooster, OH and Cuyahoga Falls, OH.Warranty
Due to the nature of this product, they are non-returnable. The expiration date can be found imprinted on the back of the container. The expiration date indicates the end of the shelf-life of the product and is based on the date of manufacture. The safety and efficacy can be guaranteed up to the expiration date.