The is the perfect lens for doctors who frequently treat patients predisposed to glaucoma and other posterior pole problems. The double aspheric design and field of view the 78D offers provides crystal clear views of the central mid-retinal regions. This lens provides a powerful magnification without trimming down on the field of view. This lens is the popular choice for general diagnosis among doctors who prefer a large ring size than the more common and smaller profile of the 90D. Dilation is
required to obtain optimum retinal imaging with the 78D.
- Made in the USA
- 0.93x Image Magnification
- 1.08x Laser Spot Magnification
- 8mm Working Distance
- 81° / 97° Field of View
- Ideal balance of magnification and field of view
- Optimally designed for use within range of motion of all slit lamps
Does the Volk 78D lens come with a case?A:
Yes, this lens comes in a clamshell caseCleaning & Care
- Cleaning should be performed regularly to remove bodily fluids, dust, and soils from the surface of the product.
- Select the appropriate method of cleaning from the CLEANING METHODS Options listed below.
- If a product is to be sterilized prior to its re-use, Volk recommends that it first be cleaned using method C below.
Clean with a mild, pH neutral detergent and a clean soft cotton cloth or swab. Do not use detergent with any type of Emollients.Method B:
Clean the glass element with Volk Precision Optical Lens Cleaner (POLC) or a Volk LensPen®Method C:
Cleaning and Care Precautions:
- Prepare fresh enzymatic cleaner (e.g. Enzol) solution – 2 ounces per gallon using warm (~30-43°C) tap water.
- Soak each device in solution for 20 minutes.
- After soaking, brush knurled surface of housing with a soft-bristle brush and wipe lens portion with a soft cloth until all traces of cleaner and soil are removed. Pay special attention to all crevices and other hard-to-reach areas. Note: Do not brush lens portion to avoid scratching; use soft cloth.
- Thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Transfer the devices to a freshly prepared enzymatic solution (per step 1 above) and sonicate for 20 minutes.
- After sonication, thoroughly rinse devices in a room temperature tap water bath (not under running water) until all visible cleaner has been removed.
- Inspect each device for remaining debris. If any is observed, repeat the cleaning procedure with freshly prepared cleaning solutions.
- Whenever possible dry Volk lenses with an ultra-soft, low-lint, cotton cloth.
- Cleaning Method C is the preferred method for cleaning Volk’s 2-piece autoclavable (ACS) vitrectomy lenses (e.g. Mini Quad ACS, Central Retinal ACS, etc.). However, the sonication step of Cleaning Method C may cause lens damage, which limits the useful life of these lenses. Use of an alternate validated cleaning method that does not include automated sonication is highly recommended by Volk Optical whenever practicable for these lenses.
This item may be returned as per our normal return policy. Don’t forget! You need to contact us for a return authorization number (RMA). About Volk
Volk Optical is the leading brand manufacturer of ophthalmic lenses, diagnostic imaging, and surgical products for the ophthalmic industry. They are steadfastly dedicated to eradicating preventable blindness through accessible imaging of the eye. Volk is part of the global health and safety sensor technology group, Halma PLC.