The PocketScope™ Ophthalmoscope by Welch Allyn is a lightweight, compact diagnostic instrument that delivers a high performance in a slightly smaller packageLamp Replacement
Cleaning & Care
- Unscrew ophthalmoscope head in counter-clockwise direction
- Grasp end of lamp and pull out using nail file or similar obejct if necessary
- Insert replacement lamp by carefully aligning pin on lamp shaft with slot in ophthalmoscope head
- Push lamp in until firmly seated
Note: If lamp surface is touched or becomes smudged wipe clean with an alcohol pad. This will assure longer
life and higher output.
For cleaning the mirror or lenses, use only a clean, dry optical-grade cloth. Do not use alcohol or other chemical solutions. The window may be cleaned with a cotton swab or lens paper dipped in alcohol. The Head housing may be cleaned and disinfected with an appropriate health care low- or intermediate-level cleaner/disinfecting wipe that incorporates either a 1:10 sodium hypochlorite (bleach) solution or isopropyl alcohol as the active disinfection ingredient. Follow wipe manufacturer’s instructions for appropriate use, contact times and applicable warnings and precautions. After disinfection, inspect for visible signs of deterioration. If evidence of damage or deterioration is present, discontinue use and contact Welch Allyn.
- Do not excessively saturate the Head.
- Do not immerse Head in any solution.
- Do not sterilize the Head.
This item may be returned as per our normal return policy
. Don’t forget! You need to contact us
for a return authorization number (RMA).About Welch Allyn
Welch Allyn, Inc. is an American manufacturer of medical devices and patient monitoring systems. Headquartered in Skaneateles Falls, New York, it was family-owned until it was acquired in 2015 by Hillrom.